Thursday 17 March 2016

STICKY FINGERS



Sticky Fingers (aka STIFI) is a reggae fusion/indie rock band from Sydney, Australia. 
I like them very much – having been introduced to them by my sons some years back!

From their website www.stickyfingerstheband.com
STIFI is a melting pot of reggae, psych, pop and bourbon. Hypnotising you into a swaying trance, then punching you in the face for dancing like a hippy. Their borderline contradictory fusion of flavours speaks to every walk of life, and it’s this multiplicity which makes the world their oyster.

I rather like this description! 

Let’s be real, they are a band for “youngies” – but that’s not to say someone in their 50s can’t like them too.  Listening to them kind of makes me think I’m 18 again! 

They have a breezy, clean, modern sound and I would be quite happy swaying and dancing to their music anywhere!  Old, young, who cares … STIFI are good. 

“Eddy’s Song” – one of their early songs – love it!

They are big in Europe, doing a New Zealand tour in April, and then off to North America …

Check them out online.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment