Monday 9 May 2016

FULL MOON



This may sound kooky, but I have a “Full Moon Theory” and have been formally researching and recording the weather patterns around the Full Moon (the world’s most wonderful and natural night-light) every month for about five years now.   
Based on my rather crude but totally meticulous research , I deem my theory to be pretty solid.  And I’m more than happy to share it with you.
The research itself may be fairly recent but I’ve been casually observing and noting the wonders of the Full Moon for a very long time, all over the world, over many years.  I noticed certain patterns, devised a theory, put it to the test and, based on results, realised there was indeed something in this theory. 
Oddly, there didn’t seem to be any information “out there” that linked to my observations or theory.  I had never read or heard anyone talk about this theory.   And this still seems to be the case.  I’ve yet to hear someone else espousing my theory. 
There are loads of layers to the theory which I won’t go into here, but ... you likely heard it here first!
Even NASA doesn’t seem aware of it.  They are trying to launch a very delicate Space Balloon from Wanaka, NZ, and it has been going wrong.  Mission aborted, time and time again, due to wind.  I have emailed them to suggest coinciding the launch with a Full Moon (it WILL be calm) – but they are still trying to launch without success and without a Full Moon.  And with too much wind.  So far their launch attempts have failed. We’ll see if they take my hint and get success.  

MY THEORY:  In simple form - plan a party or event to coincide with a Full Moon, the weather will be good, no Plan B required!
Trust me – the weather is usually glorious at Full Moon.  Think about it – when the moon is full, you notice it.  You look up and see it shining brilliantly in the sky – a bright torch lighting the way, right?
Even if the weather around the time of the Full Moon is less than perfect, even mid-worst-winter, the best time of a bad weather cycle will be when that Full Moon hits it peak.  It will be calm, if nothing else.  We can cope with cloud or the occasional slight misty shower if we’re having a party.  We absolutely must avoid torrential rain and high winds.  Subscribe to my Full Moon theory, and you’ll be okay on the night!
How often have you marvelled at the sight of a Full Moon in a clear inky cloudless sky?  How often have you commented about what a fabulous sight that moon is?  What a bright and glorious evening it is?  Quite often, I would imagine, unless you don’t venture out much at night.
In summer, the weather is generally more stable, so nice weather is more the norm.  But even in mid-winter, when the weather is likely to be dreary, dismal or downright miserable, whenever a Full Moon is scheduled to rise into the night sky, the odds are that the weather will clear and a bright calm night will befall you.  The moon will always do its very best to shine through and clear the sky of pesky clouds and ease the wind.  Whilst it is impossible to control cyclones or hurricanes or once-in-a-blue-moon weather woes, the best of the weather, no matter the season, will coincide with the Full Moon.

What’s a BLUE MOON? 
It’s when a Full Moon falls twice in the same month – doesn’t happen very often.  Hence the saying.

Recent Research
The April 2016 Full Moon was the most recent prior to this post, and it fell on the evening of Friday 22nd April.  Despite less than favourable forecasts, it was stunning here in Auckland.  And around the country too, judging by comments from those dotted around the place.  The theory literally shone again.
There have been a couple of glitches over the years when the weather wasn’t totally perfect – but still, it was calm, and it was the best day/night of a bad weather blip – which actually ended up to be much better than forecast, thanks to the Full Moon being present.    Nothing is guaranteed, especially when it comes to weather – but my Full Moon theory has plenty of well-researched merit.
Suffice to say, I always organise a party on a Full Moon and encourage others to do the same.  We’ve never been let down.
Some of my friends were rather dubious about this theory (I do think they thought I was quite mad!) – but, month after month, as my theory has proved correct (and their parties not ruined as horrible weather forecasts predicted), most of them are now fully convinced!
The next Full Moon is at 9.14am on Saturday 22nd May (NZ peak) – which means Friday 21st will be the night to party ... the timing falls differently depending on where you are in the world - but let me know how it is in your neck of the woods.  I’m predicting it’ll be good! 
And I think NASA should launch their Space Balloon then.

Easter Dates
Ever wondered how Easter dates are determined?
As we know, Easter can bring fabulous weather, or it can be dreadful.  It’s all on account of when the Full Moon falls – which determines the dates of Easter. 
Check out my separate post about how Easter Dates are set.

And Hey, it was a full moon last Christmas 2015 ... I bet it was a good day at your place!
Next Christmas Full Moon coming 2034.

Full Moon rises over Mt Victoria, Wellington- photo by Mark Gee
Take a look at this stunning video of this exceptional moonrise over Wellington
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehulHtKfpuM



No comments:

Post a Comment